Lush Party Studio Props Turns FIVE! ✨
It's been FIVE years already since I started a "tiny" side business in my basement room surrounded by glitter paper scraps, glue and sticks.
So many ups, so many downs and I wouldn't have it any other way...
- Late night/early morning cut and glue sessions
- Adding a handful of products to Etsy
- Making my first sale!
- Realizing how awful Etsy was for creators
- Designing my first website
- Getting 100 followers on Insta
- Landing a huge order from Australia all of of the sudden 😳
- Attending the first Photobooth Expo to meet people in 2018
- Developing carpal tunnel syndrome from making so many props by hand
- Having to decide to quit or move on to doing printed designs
- Sifting through scores of manufacturers to find just the right one that met my quality standards
- Getting the first set of plastic props just in time for my birthday!
- Redesigning my logo
- Changing to Shopify
- Exhibiting at PBX for the first time in 2019 with a handful of props with my mom
- Getting my designs copied
- Realizing that they can't copy ME because they are not me (and feeling better) Surviving the mess of the pandemic on 2020
- Redesigning the website again
- Investing on Marketing
- Bouncing back in 2021 with the best sales in a year ever
- Getting over 4500 followers
- Having over 60 sets of prop designs
- Exhibiting for the 3rd time at PBX2022 in a couple of weeks 🤯
I can't wait to see what's next... To be continued .
Thank you to my parents Alicia & Lorenzo for encouraging me and helping me at the expo, to my wonderful friends for putting up with me by having them hold props for pictures at parties 😆 to Bastien aka Mr Lush for delivering and packaging countless boxes and for being my biggest cheerleader... and last but not least to my customers that gave me and my props a shot and continue being supportive of my business, I couldn't have done it without you all.
Delicious and wonderful cupcakes and cookies made by the talented Carolanne Lacroix from Ma Pâtisserie in Quebec City.